Total Pageviews

Friday 25 October 2013

Stair Exercises for Fitness & Weight Loss


My favorite use of stair climbing is anaerobic conditioning. As with any workout start with a warm-up and stretching. I recommend using one round of walking the stairs and then head to anaerobic work. In my own workouts I prefer to run up the stairs for anaerobic work but can walk too fast.

I also want to climb every step 2 but you can use each step. experimentation will help you decide what works best for you. In my own anaerobic workouts I usually climb 6 to 12 flights at full speed and then rest for 2 to 3 minutes. During my remaining time I usually continue to walk up a few flights. I find that it allows me to recover faster. experiment to find what works best for you.

I usually perform anywhere from 4 to 10 sets. As your conditioning improves you have many options to challenge you more. climb more flights could reduce your rest intervals increase your sets (rounds) an anaerobic workout might look something like this: note: This work-out I had access to 20 flights Round 1: Warm-up: walk up 20 flights and slow pace (4 to 5 minutes) take the elevator or walking down Round 2: Warm-up: Run up 10 flights (all other steps and go half speed), (1 minute) rest 2 minutes Round 3: Run up 10 flights (full speed and all other measures), (30 to 45 seconds) rest 2 to 3 minutes round 4: Repeat Round 3 Round 5: Repeat round 4 to start this may be enough for most people. as one of the conditioning improves you can add rounds, add or reduce flights between to continue improving. yet another great anaerobic conditioning tool is an all out sprint to the 20th floor (if you have 20 flights of course).

By the 18th floor as your legs can barely move. you are forced to walk but your body is still in an anaerobic zone. When I'm pressed for time I use it as a workout. just do 1 or 2 warm-up rounds of 20 flights and then use the third round of the sprint at the 20th floor. yet another fun way to do anaerobic training is the race up flights of stairs.

A man uses a stairwell and the other the opposite. All the above race will challenge even the best conditioned people. the high school student / athletes I've worked with we had access to 12 flights and racing up the stairs proved to be one of the best ways to condition them. They do not see it as a workout but only one race. So just calling it a race really motivated them. many ways to do anaerobic conditioning stair case. Just remember to be safe and what you're trying to address.

Anaerobic work should have you breathless. to get an idea of how you should feel, run a? mile track at full speed and you'll see what I mean. I think the main reason I like anaerobic conditioning so much is because it gives you more bang for your buck. both aerobic and anaerobic conditioning is a great way to lose weight, get in great shape, look and feel great. remember: as with any exercise program consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any exercise program. You owe it to yourself.

For more about weight loss, please visit this webpage:

http://www.healthreviewspot.com/customized-fat-loss-review/

No comments:

Post a Comment