Total Pageviews

Friday 25 October 2013

Weight loss discipline


Why is it so difficult to lose weight and keep it off? We've all heard that weight loss is just a matter of taking in less calories than we consume. that certainly sounds very logical, but is it really that simple? example, I have one purpose only eating fruits and vegetables for a day or two, to counteract the recent 'junk' food I have been enjoying.

This is a solid plan that practically guaranteed a decrease in caloric intake. However, a solid plan does not necessarily mean an easy execution. I figured I was relatively safe making a trip to the health food store. So my guard against high-fat diet is down. When I got to the store, my sensibilities were assailed by a well-meaning clerk hawking some freshly made ​​corned beef and cabbage.

I could hardly resist the temptation. and that's not the end of it. Once my armor was breached, the temptation of tasty, 'health oriented' cookie samples fought for my attention. again, I capitulated. My normally strong will power seemed to crumble. And once weakened, it seemed reasonable to just continue. It's like that first drink for the recovering alcoholic.

I am by no means overweight, but once in a while my diet gets out of hand and the fat around my midsection gets A little bigger than I am comfortable with. Usually, as of the time this is a great opportunity to get a little detoxification, so I want to focus on fruits and vegetables for a day or two. has the dual effect of decreasing my caloric intake . I am also sticking simple plan mentioned above.

So where did things go wrong? I did not have enough discipline? Did I lack willpower, or something else? recall, the problem appears to be a lack of preparation. I failed to use the power of why. Let me explain. When the chips are down, I did not seem to have enough reason to maintain discipline. Perhaps you have had similar experiences? I have rationalized, "Oh, a little will not hurt me". The truth is, once you start down that road, it can be difficult to turn back. what is right in preparing the case? what powers them why I'm talking about am?

A great way to reinforce the power in any strategy actually write down the reasons why sticking to your plan or achieving your goal is important. It's kind of like stockpiling ammunition. The weapon, in this case, appears in the form of a list. a long list of reasons to support the plan or goal, I had a lot more reserves to draw on when my front line defenses are Being stressed. When well-meaning staff pouncing, I should have a list of whys ready to fall back on. number of staff is just being nice and sounding really noticeable, plus it's a free sample after all, my mind is ready to respond should have made ​​my list of reasons why I should not be to vary from my plans. occurs not because I have never made ​​such a list. No matter what you are trying to accomplish in life, there are bound to be obstacles and obstructions that just leap into your path to stop or block you.

For more articles, please read this article

No comments:

Post a Comment